A blog post about getting ready for a media appearance that is worth re-reading.
Executives and communicators are engaged on daily basis with the media in its different forms. As usual, not all people are gifted with the ability to master media appearances. Some may even grow a sort of phobia that will haunt them throughout the process and, in many cases, hinder their ability to deliver their message properly.
Being around for a while, rubbing shoulders with journalists and executives, I compiled a list of 10 things to have in mind before your next media appearance:
- Be honest: when you are under the probe, not telling the truth will do you no good.
- Prepare, prepare, prepare: One cannot stress enough the importance of knowing your subject inside out.
- It is all about WE not Them: Don’t give your competitors airtime, remember this is an opportunity to present your organisation’s point of view.
- Show Empathy: Indifferent behavior will get you nowhere.
- What you Know only: Nobody…
View original post 120 more words